Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Last Pidjanga Race for 2007

Kuya Toto and I joined the "Run for Life" organized by ABS-CBN and 101.9 For Life last 16 Dec 2007 at Quirino Grandstand - Roxas Boulevard, Manila. It was our last race this year... WOW, an unbelievably unexpected twist in my personal life! Born out of love for the environment (joined my first ever race - the DZMM Takbo Para sa Kalikasan) and evolved into love for running and physical fitness. There were mini-triumphs in these runs and every bit is enjoyable... including joining the first International Marathon (Feb 2007), improving my personal best record (reduction of 21 minutes!!!), running/organizing the first ever UN World AIDS Day Fun Run, etc.


With 2007 Bb. Pilipinas - International Nadia Lee Shami after finishing the Run for Life 5K event.

Random photos from the races we run this year, I think more than 10 all in all. DZMM Takbo para sa Kalikasan; 3rd International Philippine Marathon; Takbo para sa Pasig; The Great UP Run; Pinay in Action; Intramuros Walled City Marathon; Champions run; FAME Run; Runnex World AIDS Day; Run for Life; and others which I think I missed keeping the race bibs (hehehe).











I wish to run regularly in 2008 and I intend to join ALL races for a cause. Hope other Pidjangas would be able to join too... it's fun, healthy, and for a cause. A fun way to collect running bibs and singlets too! Majong pasko! ZIMM/Peter

Post: Zimmbodilion (www.pidjanga.blogspot.com)
Crossposting: http://www.bisayabloggers.com/; http://zimmbodilion.multiply.com/journal