Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Feet

Finally, I now feel officially part of the Happy Feet running club, having ran wearing the new Happy Feet singlet. This was my first run after Daddy died last April 2008. (I just realized that I was actually running the hour that Daddy died. I did not get my brother's call about the news because I left my cellphone at home while I was running).

Indeed, the FEATI Run last Sunday, 10 August 2008, was a fun run, and my feet were very happy. I did not have any injury despite the lack of practice (which I usually do because I only run during race day - BAD habit!!!). And for the first time, I did not stop to walk. I ran straight, gliding through and not rushing (unlike the usual dash on my first 5 minutes, then a combination of run and walk to the finish line). And still, I maintained my personal best of 28 minutes. I feel very proud that I was able to do that. I think, the short talk with Master John Ting (veteran marathoner of the Happy Feet family) before the race, and the stretching exercise we did, was one of the keys to a Happy Running Feet.

Happy too that my wife, Teng, whom you could remember had delivery 6 months ago, also had her personal best... 38 minutes. We are happy that, again, despite the lack of practice, she was able to run straight for the first 3 kilometers without stopping to walk.

Will run again next week probably in UP (Run for your life) or in Marikina (Bayani Run).

Here are some snapshots of the FEATI Run:

Happy on my HF uniform...


Teng, at the finish line...


The Happy Feet club after the run (a number missed the photo op). Standing: Patrick, Jun, Mon, Abby, Tanya, Mikey, Tisha, AllanTe, Gigi, Jeune, Mario, Mel, Ben, Sitting:- Zimm, Roger. (Sorry, missed the names of others).


The Happy Folks at the race track: Mickey, me, Mon, Gigi, Don, and Photographer RC (Being a photographer means missing most of the photo ops. But this, he is in).


Gigi, Mon, RC, and Abby


Gigi, Mon, and RC